Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NOTD: Nfu Oh 56 over WnW Black Creme

I can't believe I've waited so long to use this polish. I bought it back in July along with Nfu Oh 45 but never ended up wearing it, poor thing. As per a conversation with Ali I had this weekend, I decided to give it a go over black. Wet n Wild makes the best black creme around in my opinion. It's almost perfectly opaque in one coat without being thick or sticky, dries quickly, and is inexpensive. That right there is a huge win in my books. It can be found in almost any drug store that sells polish too, making it very accessible on top of it all.


I love this mani, it reminds me of dragon scales or something equally mystical and fun. I used one coat of the Nfu Oh over 1 coat of the WnW. The flakies in this polish make for a really pretty green duochrome that flashes blue. The base of the polish isn't clear though, it's made up of tiny little green shimmers which I wasn't actually expecting when I ordered it.




What do you think? I did something else with this mani that I've only done once before. The top coat I used is called Gelous by a brand called Amercian Classics. It's a thick top (or base) coat that doesn't get gobbled up into glitter/flakies the same way normal stuff does. It leaves a really smooth, even coat on top which is not something I often get from top coats and glitters. That being said, it takes forever to dry, so i recommend throwing a quick dry on top of it once it's started to dry a bit.

I get mine at Sally Beauty, and I'm not sure if there's anywhere else around town that sells it, I haven't looked into it at all.
Phew, long post. Hope you enjoyed! Happy back-to-school season everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!