Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NOTD: SH Xtreme Wear Red Carpet + Polka Dot Accent Nail

This is another mani partially inspired by Nailside, she's so talented and creative!

For the polka dots I used the tip of a bobby pin (with the rubber bit still in tact, obviously) and it worked like a charm. I practiced a bit on my nail wheel first to see what techniques yielded different sized dots. It works really well. To think I was about to go out and buy a dotting tool!

The bow was tricky, I used a paint brush dipped in polish and had to redo it a couple of times, but it still turned out decently. I didn't even bother trying the bow on my right hand, but the dots are there on the ring finger.


This one is really appealing to the vintage lover in me.

2 comments:

  1. I think this one is my favourite so far! You are one crafty artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favourite too!! It seems to be the general consensus :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!