Sunday, December 25, 2011

NOTD: Christmas Lights!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

This mani was definitely more of a process than almost any other that I've done. It wasn't hard, just time consuming. I got the idea from I photo that I saw on Pinterest, but I haven't been able to relocate the link I found to credit the original poster.


Hooray!
The base colour is OPI Gargantuan Green Grape, then I used thread (that's right, thread) on my nails which I adhered with some top coat, and I used acrylic paint to make the bulbs. After that I used a Stripe Rite white polish with a thin brush to do the detailing on the bulbs, and for the dots I used Rimmel French Tip White and a bobby pin.

Look at all the things I had to use!


Holy smokes! Here's a couple more shots I took closer up.


I hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday! Surround yourselves with the people you love and indulge in the good company of friends and family.


EDIT

I found the post!!
Click here for the original idea/tutorial.

<3
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!