Thursday, November 27, 2014

Jamberry Nail Wrap Review & China Glaze Sun of a Peach

This post is long overdue, but here I am, ready and willing to give my full report on my only experience with Jamberry Nail Wraps.

If you haven't heard of it, the concept is similar to the full coverage nail stickers (Sally Hansen, Revlon, etc.), except that these are vinyl and are applied with heat. They're said to last way longer and generally be of better quality. I got a free sample from a friend-of-a-friend, and although the concept really didn't interest me I thought I would give it a shot.

I was sent two different samples, Funky Cheetah and Pickled Paisley. I paired them with China Glaze Sun of a Peach (one of my favourite summer colours).

Funky Cheetah


Pickled Paisley

My first thought was: wow, what a pain to apply. You have to take a hair dryer and hold it up to the wrap while the vinyl heats up, then apply it to the nail with an orange stick, file it down, and heat it again. This process annoyed me enough with only two nails to do, let alone ten. I also have very sensitive hands to cold and heat, so the second round of heat was a little much for me to handle.

Once the two wraps were on though they did look incredible, I'll give them that.

Fast forward 7 days.



Now you can see here that the wraps still look like the first day I applied them, and the nail polish is quite chipped. If you were someone who didn't feel confident with polish and wanted something long lasting, and didn't want to spend $30-40 at a salon, I would recommend these wholeheartedly. They'd also be potentially great for someone who doesn't want to risk ruining their nails while waiting for them to dry.

That being said, If you're someone like me who loves changing her polish every 3-4 days, and doesn't mind actually painting her own nails, I would pass on these. At $15 each I can't really see it being affordable for me, and it's way beyond the effort I'm willing to put in. At least with regular nail polish I can be at my computer or watching TV while I apply. The nail wraps are limiting because the dryer is loud and it's a pretty involved process.

So there you have it, they look excellent and they're durable, but they just aren't suitable for someone like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!